Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Playing with the wolf's kids!?!

Hi Everyone!

This week we had some exciting things happen, I'm now officially with Elder Castaneda (pronounced cahst-ahn-yeda) and we're back to full zone leader capabilities. We've had a couple meetings and trainings and have set some goals and focuses for the zone that we're excited about, I've been wanting to implement a leadership style and culture like this since I got to Carbondale over a year ago and I'm really excited to get things started! We're going to be really focusing on the quality of our lessons, because a lot of us are just teaching people that will let us in the door but never really do anything, and those people are hard to get members to lessons with because they don't keep appointments. We've been talking a lot about member-present lessons and the power it gives to us and the ward when we combine and teach people, it'll really forward the work here!

Sunday we had Steve at church again, and this time he brought Mindy his wife and their little 2 year old daughter Arizona! They stayed for all three hours and really enjoyed it, they're progressing well and we'll be going over tonight to set Steve on a baptizmal date. We don't think Mindy's quite ready yet, but the Spirit's been working with both of them and there's a lot of good things happening for the family! We decided to take a member with us tonight, Brother Wolf, who offered to be their fellowshipper and who Arizona chose as well, in Sacrament meeting she was over playing with the Wolf's kids who had coloring books and cheerios! :) Steve and Mindy will have to change their lifestyles quite a bit to accept the gospel, but Steve is really on fire about it all and they know where they want to go!

Unfortunately I got a little gyped on time today, the library's only giving me half an hour, so I have to be brief, but things are going great here in Rifle and in the zone! I love being a missionary and I'm excited to finish strong and see everyone again! I love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Damon Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment