Hi Everyone!
The big news this week is that Elder Tu'avao is leaving, I'll be getting a new Spanish Zone Leader companion, and most of the zone is getting switched around. There will be big changes and more responsibility as I train the new zone leader (it's his first time being one) and lead the area. I'm excited though, with new challenges come different blessings and lessons, and there's always more to learn here in the mission field!
This week our investigator Steve came to church for the first time, him and his wife Mindy have been going through all kinds of stuff recently and it was really good to see Steve with the kind of self-motivation it takes to fully investigate the gospel, coming to church and fully participating and enjoying it! It was cool, I taught the Gospel Principals class because the person scheduled to teach it fell through last minute, and the topic happened to be the Word of Wisdom, which is Steve's biggest hold up since he is currently in violation of every singe thing mentioned in the word of wisdom, but we happened to have a really small class and every member there had major issues with that commandment before their baptism or reactivation! It was really cool, as we discussed the principles we had members who had been there bearing testimony at almost every principle, and Steve loved it and participated! We'll set a baptismal date with him our next appointment, he says he wants to do it and just needs time to overcome his addictions.
I hope you all have a great week, I'm a little short on time today but I'm so grateful to be a missionary and be out here serving the Lord, there's really nothing better in the world and I'm so privileged to be a part of this work! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Damon Janis
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment