Hi Everyone!
I'd like to address this email primarily to my younger cousins, brothers, and friends who are preparing for a mission, or would like to serve a mission some day. First off, I'd like you all to know that a mission is the most wonderful and amazing thing you could ever do at this time in your life, and it's worth it to go no matter what the sacrifice is. There are so many people in this world that need the blessings of the Gospel, and God is preparing them to know the missionaries and the church, and He knows which people you can help specifically. When you're sent to your mission you find those people, you love them and you teach them, and when they progress and accept the Gospel, and live the way that makes them happy, you're happy with them and it's an incredible feeling!
A mission can completely change your life, because you really come to know God and Jesus Christ, through prayer and study, and seeing people's lives change. You don't have to focus very much on money or things, you can focus on people and see them how God sees them, and you have the spirit with you all the time. I'm so grateful for my mission, now I understand why the prophets in the Book of Mormon were so excited about sharing the Gospel with people, it makes them so much happier and it makes you so much happier! I love the Gospel, I know that the church is true and that we have living Prophets and Apostles! I hope that all of you who are thinking about serving a mission will decide to do it, it's the best thing you'll ever do!
I love you all, I hope the week goes great! Sorry I don't have a lot of time to write today, but I hope you can feel my testimony of the missionary work, I really love it and I don't want anyone to miss out on it!
Love,
Elder Damon Janis
No comments:
Post a Comment