Hi Everyone!
Well, I'm now in Rifle Colorado, which was a surprise to everyone, since Rifle hasn't had a Spanish zone leader for more than half a year and we all thought I'd be in the city! I is sure glad to be here though with all them country folk, I is havin’ to learn english again and I is teaching a bunch and getting’ real familiarized with all that right there! We is in a pretty small town, I bet there ain’t more than a few thousand folk here and I is havin’ a hard time gettin’ used to it all.
In all seriousness, I'm actually having a little bit of culture shock from not speaking Spanish much anymore, and also working in an English area and ward. The people out here aren't as hick as I was fearing, they're really good people and there's a mix of just about everything here. The town is literally tiny, it can't be more than 4-5 miles long and not very wide, and most of it is the "downtown" section which reminds you of the wild west. All the shops have the name of a gun company on them, up to and including the "Winchester Hotel"! I'm really excited to be here though and back in the Meeker zone, really close to my old beloved area in Carbondale/Aspen. I love being out here in the mountains and country, it makes you appreciate God and His amazing creations, you loose that sense of nature when you're in Denver too long.
It's been cool learning how to be a Zone Leader and see how the mission works from the inside, it's a little challenging at times and a little stressful but I'm learning a ton from it and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm really grateful the Lord giving me this opportunity here at the end of my mission, it's a gentle reminder to keep going strong till the end and not slow down, the Lord still has plenty to teach me and I'm trying to soak it all up. We've got a lot of people here progressing towards baptism and we're working hard, it's actually harder for me to teach in English now but I'm slowly getting the gift of tongues in reverse, it's a weird feeling to be trying to learn English better but it's fun! :) I can't wait till Ethan comes back and he'll be desperate to talk in Spanish, I'll help him with the transition as he gets massive culture shock! I can't even imagine coming home from a foreign country, I speak English most of the day and it's hard even for me in my own country!
I love you all so much, I hope all is well at home and that everyone is doing well! I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Damon
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
I is havin’ to lern me english agin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment