Monday, November 22, 2010

New address, new companion

Hi Everyone!

Sorry to email early again, they threw another weird p-day at us on a Monday, and actually from now on they've changed our p-day officially to Monday. So, this will be a usual thing now.

I'm writing this email from the Denver Public Library in the downtown of the city, i got transferred to Denver 4th ward, the east side of our mission which includes downtown! The directions here are killing me, it's a foreign world here and I'm having a hard time keeping up, but I'm super excited to be here and to be in a full Spanish ward! At church yesterday we had a few investigators show up, and the fellowship and the atmosphere were amazing, I'm really excited because we'll be able to do so much work here!

My new address is:
1325 Garfield St. apt 111
Denver, CO, 80206

Sleeping has been kinda fun here, we have someone upstairs who somehow makes loud rapid tapping noises that come through the ceiling, and the fan has a wobble that sounds almost like a drum-beat, and you can hear car traffic. :) I'm adjusting, but it's pretty different from quiet Carbondale!
 
Hmm, just had a conversation with the guy at the computer next to me, talking about Joseph Smith and stuff, he was more interested though in talking about how great the bible was than anything else. :)
 
Anyway, I'm really excited to be here in the city, to be serving the Lord, speaking Spanish, and helping people come unto Christ! It's the best possible thing I could be doing, and I love the gospel. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support, have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Damon Janis
 
P.S. My companion is Elder Bustos, a great guy from Utah, who's pretty new in the mission but is doing a great job of showing me around and leading the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment