Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Missionary Work is Going Great!

Hi Everyone!

I'm starting to think i might change the Hi Everyone title. I came up with it in the MTC under enormous pressure to get all my communications done in 30 minutes, but it's stuck and I haven't changed it yet. :)

We'll see what happens, unfortunately I still have a similar time limit for communication and it takes too much effort to be more creative.

Anyway, the missionary work is going great! We'll be meeting with both of our branch presidents in the next 2 days, to engage the priesthood keys and get the Lord's direction for what needs to happen here. We have transfers next week, so we'll see if I'm staying or leaving, so send everything to the mission address please for a while.

I've been so blessed to be able to serve in this area, I've grown so much and have learned so many valuable lessons I'll use for the rest of my life, including motivation to never let myself become inactive for someone offending me.

We taught a family yesterday who had lost their house in Utah because of a biased Mormon judge, and so they decided to be mad at the church and are missing the blessings that they need more than ever in their lives.

Hopefully they'll come back, they seemed receptive to our message about the church being perfect, but not the people.

I'm out of time for today, I got cut short by a bunch of people being in the library today, but thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts, God is blessing me so much and makes me so grateful to be a missionary! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Damon Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment