Hi Everyone!
We got our transfer calls last night, and I'll be getting a new companion tomorrow! I'm really excited for the change and the opportunities it brings, and I'm grateful for the confidence that the Lord is behind the changes and has his own plans for what he wants here. I feel like Elder Gonzalez and I have fulfilled what we were put together here to do, a lot of heart-softening, confidence-building and hard work proselytizing, and I think we'll see the blessings poured out in the coming months. The branch is slowly becoming more united and more people are coming, and the leadership is getting more energy and excitement to help us in the missionary work.
We've gotten some new instruction too from our zone leaders that the stake president wants us to spend more time working in Aspen, but the hitch is that we won't have the miles or time to do it, so everything will be on the shoulders of the branch mission leader and the branch president to set up enough appointments and opportunities for us to be able to spend a weekend at a time working there. It's going to be a lot of coordination and work, both on our part and theirs, but I'm excited to see what we can accomplish in that affluent, English area. :) I'm learning to love working in English, before my mission I was terrified of serving in the United States but as I'm gaining experience and confidence I appreciate how I can communicate and understand clearly the needs and concerns of English people, and have the ability to do a lot of good when people will listen.
I'm short on time, but I want to thank you all for your faith and prayers! God really is there and the gospel is true. I believe that with all my heart and that testimony is confirmed to me over and over as I give myself to the Lord in His service! I love you all, have a great week!
Love,
Elder Damon Janis
No comments:
Post a Comment