Thursday, November 5, 2009

Companion Transfer and Slow Drivers

Howdy folks!

Well today I might have to cut this a bit short, we have an investigator to see at 11 and it's 10:40. So we'll see. :)

Alright, we got out transfer call, and it turns out that I'm staying in the same area, and my companion Elder Francis is leaving. That means that I'll have more experience in the area, and there'll be more pressure on me till my companion gets to know the members and investigators. That could end up being a problem, because I haven't been able to get to know the people very well due to the language barrier, all I'll be is a familiar face. Hopefully my new companion (I'll find out who it is tomorrow) will be experienced and know how to handle that as I do the best I can as well. I can't believe it, my first transfer is already over! Although, it's felt like an eternity, and thinking about my first couple days makes me realize how much I've learned and experienced in 6 weeks. I'm excited for the change though, it'll be a good thing to have another missionary to learn from and work with, and I'm guessing that I'll have a whole different set of challenges than I have now. I'm learning that the Lord has a lot to teach me, and so when I start getting used to the challenges I have and am overcoming them, He swaps them out for new ones that help me grow and progress further and faster.

I was able to go on team-ups with the other 2 Spanish elders in Grand Junction this week, and I got to drive one of those days! It's incredible, the people here actually obey the posted speed limit, which just blew my mind! I actually really like it, because it slows the pace of everything down a lot and there's almost no stress in driving! I don't know yet whether or not I'll be driving this next transfer, but I wouldn't mind it if I were. I don't really have too much to talk about from this week, we visited a lot of people and taught lessons, but nothing was really notable. Mostly I'm just excited for the coming transfer, to see who I'll get and what we can do in this area. :)

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers! As always they're much needed and much appreciated. I hope you all have a wonderful week and are doing well!

Elder Damon Janis

P.S. Auna, if you could get me your address, that would be awesome! I wrote you a letter back but realized I don't have your address, so I'll send it as soon as I can! Just send a quick email. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment