Hi Everyone!
This week has been really cool for me and an awesome learning experience. I have a new companion, Elder Murray, and he's probably the best Spanish missionary in the mission. He's been out for a little more than a year, but he's completely fluent (with no Spanish before the mission) and is an excellent missionary. From the day of transfers we've been working hard and finding a lot of success, we found people the second day he was here that are progressing and have a lot of potential. It's been a little tough because I didn't know the area that well from not paying enough attention to the roads and directions, so we had to do a lot of calling and looking at maps the first few days. I'm super excited for this transfer, my Spanish is getting better really quickly because Elder Murray is good about always speaking it and making me speak it, and we're finding people and teaching lessons every day. I really hope I can become like him, he's a fantastic teacher and can just talk with anyone, which gets us into doors and makes the people trust us. It’s so cool to watch him work, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can from him and contribute as much as I can as well.
We had an interesting experience, we were tracting in a small town on the far reaches of our area called Fruita, and we ran into a couple of brothers from Guatemala. Usually when we teach a first lesson we don't include the Book of Mormon till the second visit, because it's a little too much information for most people to handle, but this time the Book of Mormon was almost all we talked about because they were very interested in the story of it, and how it talks about some of their ancestors. It was the coolest thing teaching them, because it was like direct fulfillment of prophecy. They almost seemed anxious for us to leave so they could start reading the book, and were just totally excited about it. We're going back there today to teach them, I hope that they've really read and have felt the spirit testify that it's true.
I hope all is well for all of you, as always I'm so grateful for your prayers in my behalf, and I'm so grateful to be out here sharing with people what I know is true! The gospel truly is amazing, and it really is for everyone. I'm so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, it's such a blessing to know where we came from, why we're here, and where we're going after this life! Take care, and have a great week!
Elder Damon Janis
No comments:
Post a Comment