Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Two New Investigators And Reactivating A Family

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to start off with an experience from last night, our last lesson to close off the week!

We went over to the house of some less-actives that we've known for a while but haven't been able to contact in a couple weeks. We visited with them and were also talking to their non-member friend who lives with them, and then we shifted things to the Gospel and invited the friend to learn a little bit.

We sat down and started teaching the first lesson, and thanks to some preparation in companionship studies we were teaching in unity and the guy (Jose) was really catching it! The family sat down as well, and we started involving them in the lesson and asking them testimony questions and got a great discussion, and we kept going till we'd done the whole lesson and extended our commitments!

It was awesome, everything just flowed and went by the book (Preach My Gospel) and we now have a solid new investigator with member support and are helping the less-active family remember their strong testimonies and the importance the gospel has in our lives!

Who knows whether or not he'll progress to baptizm, I'm hopeful because he really paid attention and took it seriously and it's usually those investigators that wind up with a testimony, but either way it was a really neat experience and helped all of us grow in our faith and testimony!

Another cool lesson we had was on Sunday, we dropped by the house of a family the Sisters have been visiting but have come to some road-blocks, and we visited specifically the 18 year old kid Gabriel who hasn't been paying much attention to the sisters recently. We got him talking, and it turns out he already has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Gospel, and he even told us that he'd like to get baptized!

We were blown away, and are really excited about him, he's been coming to church and yesterday stayed for one of the classes as well, and seems to really feel the spirit! This was one of those tender mercies the Lord gives you to strengthen your faith that there are a lot of people the Lord is preparing and you just have to follow the spirit and find them!

I'm not sure what else to write about, things are going great and we're helping a lot of people progress, I couldn't be happier as a missionary and love this experience! I'm working as hard as I can and am trying to stay focused so I can endure to the end and finish well. I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Damon Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment