Friday, February 25, 2011

Baptism Date Set and More Blessings


Hi Everyone!
 
I'd like to talk for a minute about the blessing of the Lord for faithful service. As me and Elder Gonzalez have been putting in everything we have to the work, we've seen some incredible things happen and I'm not sure I'll get it all in, time's a little short today. The first thing is that Trino, the investigator who's wife passed away recently and who we helped with the funeral arrangements, now has a baptismal date for March 12th! He's still been struggling with the passing of his companion, but we helped him realize that the next step to spiritual healing is his baptizm, making covenants with the Lord and progressing in his personal spiritual life!
 
This Tuesday we were at the church talking to the mutual kids and playing a little indoor soccer with them, and all of a sudden a brother in the ward came up to me and asked: i have a 9 year old son that we havn't baptized yet, and his grandparents are coming into town next weekend. When can you start teaching him and get him baptized? It was amazing, a baptism that just popped out of the woodwork, we'll be doing the service this Saturday and the kid is totally ready and prepared!
 
We've also seen an outpouring of support from the ward, bishopric, and mission, there are some big changes coming with our building situation and the referals from the ward have been pouring in. I feel so blessed to be here right now, this truly is the Lord's work and He really does bless those who serve with all their "heart, might, mind and strenght!" I love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Damon Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment