Hi Again!
Sorry this is coming a little early this week, we got a surprise zone conference that's on wednesday, our p-day, so we had the day shifted to Monday. It's a little weird, it doesn't feel like an official p-day yet.
We've decided to shift our approach in missionary work to serving the less-actives in the branch and softening hearts, sort of an Ammon based idea. We helped a family move on saturday that's been inactive for about 5 years and they've invited us to come by any time and share the gospel with them! (Apart from that they also gave us a free pair of sweet baseball shoes, they used to sell them but went out of business, but they still have a whole shed full of stock that we had to move) We're excited for them though because they're a young couple and really neat people, and if we can get them active again they could be excellent youth leaders!
This coming week we have the opportunity to help out putting in new windows, fixing a car (my companion used to work on cars a lot), putting in blinds (thank goodness for the cypress canyon rental, I'm a pro!), and doing landscaping for various people! We're actively looking for any kind of service at all. We actually went up to aspen one day and just wandered around in our p-day clothes looking for hospitals, rest homes, or anything to do service! It's exciting, it feels really good to serve and know that you're blessing the lives of these people. I hope it turns out some results and we can fill our time with teaching these people too!
Well, not too much more to report, I hope all is well with all y'all. I'm so grateful to be a missionary here in the mountains of Colorado. I love the gospel and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything! I love you all, have a great week!
Love,
Elder Damon Janis
No comments:
Post a Comment