Hi Everyone!
It was so good to talk to the family on Mother's day, it makes me grateful again for the incredible support system the Lord has blessed me with, and it really helps to know that there's so many people pulling for me! Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts, both for me and missionaries in general!
This week we were finally able to have a lesson with the friend of a member in the Aspen branch, it's been hard to coordinate it because Aspen is about 30 miles from where we live (in Carbondale) and we're only given 200ish miles per week. We got it arranged though that the member who referred their friend came and picked us up, then he was at the lesson and supported us as we taught her. We're really excited about this investigator, because she's the first person we've had that is the ideal situation Preach My Gospel teaches us; a member referring someone and then being present at the teaching. I think that's one of the hardest things for the members of the church to do, to ask their friends to be taught by the missionaries and especially to be there for the teaching, but I'm gaining a testimony that it's truly an inspired program and that the success rate is so much higher when it's done that way. Nobody really wants to accept what a couple of 20 year old kids are telling them, but when a friend that they respect and have a relationship with testifies of the gospel, people listen.
We're working with a couple less-active families, watching the church videos with them and trying to get the spirit back in their lives. Hopefully we can get some of these families back to church, they have a lot of potential and could be really strong leaders for the church if they'll get serious about it.
Apart from that, we've been tracting a lot although it's not too fruitful, as we keep working hard though I have faith that the Lord will put some prepared people in our path that will be able to progress. I'm feeling really comfortable with the language now and I feel like I'm now ready for those people the Lord's been preparing, I'm praying now that I can follow the spirit and be led into the right places at the right time.
I love being a missionary, I'm so grateful for the chance I have to serve the Lord full-time! If anyone reading this is still in the process of considering a mission, decide absolutely to do anything you can to get here and make it count, because this is the greatest opportunity of my life so far and I wouldn't miss these lessons and blessings for anything. I love the Lord and I love having His spirit, the joy that comes from truly dedicating yourself in this work is so much greater than the sacrifices and the difficulty of missionary work. I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Damon Janis
No comments:
Post a Comment