Hi Everyone!
Ok first off if anyone sent any mail to the office address at 999 E. Tufts Ave
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113, and it got returned to you, I'm really sorry. There was some miscommunication and I thought they'd already moved to the new address, so I told you guys that address for when I was transferred, but I guess they didn't and so any mail anyone sent there would have been returned. They've officially made the move now though, so mail sent there is fine and I'll be telling you that address for transfer times now.
Aright, crazy story this week! Me and Elder Alcocer were tracting, and we got stopped by a guy walking his dogs on the street (it was a residential area with nice small houses). He talked to us a little about his beliefs in God, and then asked us "have you ever met wolves before?" We told him we hadn't, and he said "well you just did". It turns out his dogs were actually wolves, which could be mistaken for really really big and lean Siberian Huskies or something. He showed us their fangs, and he let us pet the girl wolf (wolfess?) which was a little more gentle and safe. Just about then a guy came out of a cross-street walking his dog, without a leash, and it was like a black medium sized dog. The dumb animal decided to go check out the wolves, and the wolves decided to check out the dog. The wolf owner started yelling at the guy and the dog to get back, to go away, and tried to hold back his wolves. The dog trotted up to them anyway and started to sniff them, and the male wolf snapped onto the dog's neck. Luckily the wolf owner was able to get it off before the dog was killed, but he was being dragged by the wolves, still yelling, trying with all his strength to restrain them but having almost no power. He finally got dragged to a curb (on his knees, there was snow on the street so he wasn't too badly hurt) and got some leverage and the dog was able to escape with it's owner swearing at it. It was a crazy experience, and now I can say I pet a wolf! (oh yeah, they were illegal, they guy has had wolves illegally for 23 years)
For the spiritual side, we had a couple cool experiences. First, we tracted into a family (first door on the street, we were led there) that is interested, we've given them a couple copies of the Book of Mormon and now one of them is seriously progressing towards baptism! It's cool to see the hand of the Lord do stuff like that. Also, we had a night a couple days ago where everything was falling through and we were both tired and a little under the weather with colds, and so my companion wandered around with the car and we happened to end up at an apartment building where a potential investigator lived. He happened to be home, and we taught a fantastic first lesson, he'd read the pamphlet and accepted everything we said so it was pure teaching and learning, guided by the spirit. It was really cool, again we were led to be in the right place at the right time. Right now I'm working on being more obedient and more dedicated so the Lord can trust me with more experiences like that, because the Lord can tell when you're in a position to teach by the spirit and be trusted with those He's prepared.
I hope you're all well, thanks for everything, all the packages, letter, and especially prayers! I love you all, have a great week!
Elder Damon Janis
No comments:
Post a Comment