Hi everone!
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts, God has been mindful of me and I'm convinced that its the answer to the prayers of others. I've been thinking a lot about it recently, how great of a support system I have and how blessed I am for that. It does put on a lot of pressure to perform, but it's good because it's motivating to know there are people pulling for you when things are hard. So thank you again for that.
I had a cool experience this week, yesterday we went to visit the lady we had a really cool lesson with last week, and she wasn't home, but as we were going back to our car we were stopped by a man, and he started asking us questions like "what exactly is the Book of Mormon?" and "what makes your church different than other Christian religions?". We were able to have a really good discussion with him and bear testimony, and since it was in english I was able to take a more acive role in it which was cool. It turns out he's a Christian and is well versed in the Bible. He is reading "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis and seems to be very interested in religion and obtaining knowlege. Unfortunately we ended the discussion with him talking about what he believed and he said a couple things about how our teachings didn't quite fit with the Bible, giving some weak references and such, but he said that he's usually around that corner where we met him at about noon, because he has a break from work right then, and so we can come and talk to him any time. We'll probably see him again soon, I think he has some potential if he's willing to investigate the idea that the Bible might not contain all the truth and word of God. It was really neat though to be given that opportunity to be approached and asked classic questions that you always hear about at church. :)
Today for P-day we drove up to the top of a mountain called the Grand Mesa, and I got a lot of pictures, although none of them do the view any justice. The whole mountain was just incredible, with all the fall colors and the shape of the mountain and stuff. It wasn't like the mountains I'm used to from Utah, it was more of a gradual slope, with lots of smaller mountains sort of surrounding it, so the entire trip was just amazing. I'm probably going to try to send the camera card to my parents soon, hopefully in the next couple weeks. I need to get to a post office to get a small bubble-packet thing so the letter doesn't get opened and the card taken out, I found out at the MTC that the US postal system doesn't allow you to send things like flash drives in normal mail.
The spanish is getting better, little by little (poco a poco), but I still don't understand most of what people say. I just have to trust that as I do my best the Lord will help me.
Thanks again for everything you do for me, especially your prayers in my behalf,I love you all! This church and gospel are true and amazing, and I love this work!
Love,
Elder Damon Janis
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment